Dr. Adrianne Pope has a background in science with a Ph.D. in genetics and over 27 years’ experience in Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) and pathology services. She commenced her career in 1986 in Queensland, Australia. ART Launched Adrianne into a varied career around the world having directed a number of ART facilities in Australia and overseas with positions in the USA and Ireland.
Adrianne has a vast wealth of experience in dealing with issues related to ART and was very active in the Australian Reproductive Technology Accreditation Committee (RTAC), the peak auditing body, for many years. Her involvement included the coordination and writing of the 2005 RTAC Codeof Practice and the 2008 review.
Dr. Pope was elected President of the Fertility Society of Australia (FSA) in 2003. In 2005 she was re-elected, thus making her the first FSA president to serve two ter.. She has represented the FSA on many government reviews on accreditation and undertaken many submissions relating to legislation and regulation. Having commenced a professional career as an embryologist in a pioneering area of healthcare, her work lead her out of the laboratory and into many varied roles in healthcare management, establishing ART facilities, implementing Quality Management Systems, strategic planning and business development. This leadership was recognised outside of specific employment positions with numerous career highlights including:
- PROFESSIONAL HIGHLIGHTS President of the Fertility Society of Australia 2003 —2007
- Member of NH MRC Licensing Committee Working Party on Definition of an Embryo 2005
- Scientific Representative on Reproductive Technologies Accreditation Committee (RTAC) 2001— 2007 Chairperson —Scientists In Reproductive Technology (SIRT) — 2001— 2003 Director— Fertility Society of Australia — 2002 — 2007
- Co.opted supporting committee member of MSAC on Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection —2002 — 2003
- Mosh IVF Standards Sub.Committee —seaetary 2000 —2004 Mosh IVF Research Sub Committee-1999 — 2004 NATA Assessor-15015189
- Review Committee RTAC Code of Practice —2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007 Scientific Advisor to Victorian Infertility Treatment Authority (VARTA) — 2004— 2010 Consultant to Dept Health & Ageing — Regulation of .id Organs, Tissue & Reproductive Tissues 2007 RTAC Code of Practice— Technical Expert Committee for the revision of Code 2007-2008
- RTAC Auditor —Technical Expert
- National Pathology Accreditation Advisory Council — Supervision Drafting Committee 2008 — 2013
Adrianne’s professional responsibilities have included:
CEO (Old.) Monash IVF
- Leadership role with responsibilities in business success; establishing new facilities; raising company profile; $14M budget development and compliance.
- Business development – Negotiation with US companies and Australian regulators resulting in access by Australian patients to donated gametes from the USA— an Australian first.
Director of Business Development, Repromed
- Business growth including implementation of brand awareness marketing strategy.
- Project leader for due diligence process of a highly successful share sale to a private equity company.
- Development of new website with external consultants. o Integration of a new business in New Zealand.
- Establishing new facilities.
- Financial review and development of synergies.