NACE is a non-invasive prenatal screening that analyses the most frequent chromosomal alterations.
It detects abnormalities in chromosomes such us:
- 21 – Down syndrome
- 18 – Edwards syndrome
- 13 – Patau syndrome
- It also detects the most common anomalies in the sexual chromosomes (X and Y), except for twin gestation.
- More reliable than 1st trimester combined screening.
- It allows the testing in twin pregnancies, vanished twins and egg donation.
- For women of any age, regardless of body mass index or ethnicity.
- Can give results with foetal fraction under 4%.
- Nace reduces unnecessary amniocentesis.
Scientific societies support the use of NACE test for all pregnant women.
lt’s especially recommended for women with:
- An abnormal result in their first trimester screen
- A previous Down’s syndrome pregnancy
- A suspicious ultrasound finding