This can be very subjective from patient to patient. Your experience with IVF could be totally different from even your best friend or your sibling. IVF is a personal journey and it can be like a rollercoaster therefore you must remain positive and keep your hopes high throughout the treatment. After the IVF procedure you may feel some of the below side effects:
• Discharge of a clear or yellowish fluid
• Mild cramping
• Mild bloating
• Breast tenderness
However, if you experience any of the following symptoms, you must report to the Clinic or seek emergency assistance:
• Heavy vaginal bleeding
• Pelvic pain
• Blood in the urine
• A fever over 100.5 °F (38 °C)
Some fertility medications may cause:
• Mood swings
• Abdominal pain
• Hot flashes
• Abdominal bloating
• RARE: Ovarian hyper-stimulation syndrome (OHSS)
As with most medical procedures, there can be certain risks and problems:
• During Egg Pickup there is a risk of bleeding and infection. However, you will be assured to know that at ACIMC in its history of over 2 decades
there has never been any infection during Egg Pickup.
• There is a low chance of multiple pregnancies which can introduce additional risks.
• With older patients there is always a risk of miscarriage even with unassisted conception.
• According to, Mayo Clinic the risk of ectopic pregnancy with IVF can be around 2-5%.
An ectopic pregnancy occurs when the embryo implants outside the uterus.
• Psychological stress and emotional problems are due to family and social pressures.
• Nausea or vomiting in the case of OHSS. In addition, there are other OHSS risks as under:
• Decreased urinary frequency
• Shortness of breath
• Severe stomach pains and bloating
• Rapid weight gain within three to five days